January 24, 2014


just a thought
LOOKING BACK & LOOKING FORWARD
by Emily Jane



How is it that the first month of 2014 is almost over? I am still trying to reflect back on 2013. It was a crazy year with more changes than I would like. We packed up our life and moved from Minneapolis, MN to Hershey, PA to Lancaster, PA.

We stayed in a one-bedroom apartment that was tight quarters and had very few of our personal belongings with us for most of the year. However, it served its purpose. This one bedroom apartment is where I put all of my dreams down on paper and established Dorothy Jane Custom Stationery & Design.

I was told that the first 3 years would be the most challenging in starting a new business. But I have also been told that it would be the most rewarding experience at the same time. I can honestly say both have been true. However, none of it would be possible without my family. They have been supportive, encouraging and helpful in lending their talents to the growth of my business.


My new favorite commercial is Dell's commercial "Beginnings." It is both inspiring and encouraging.  It is amazing how many great ideas came from humble beginnings.


I need to remind myself that it does take "those with an endless vision and an equal amount of audaciousness" and the belief "they have the power to do more ..."


This is my story of the little one-bedroom apartment in Hershey, Pa ...


1 comment: