August 23, 2013

show & tell
NEW LOOK AND DIRECTION: XOXO 
by Emily Jane



Things have been a bit crazy at Dorothy Jane Design. We recently moved from Hershey, PA to Lancaster, PA. I have finally have a bit more room to spread out, focus and to be CREATIVE! Although my studio office is in the works and will be for quite some time, and it is a vast improvement over the corner of our temporary apartment.

A lot of things are happening at Dorothy Jane Custom Stationery & Design. I will begin to share them with you over time. However, one of my main priorities is to give a little love to my lovely blog XOXO. 

First thing I have been wanting to do, was to give it a little bit of a refresh in look. It isn't a huge a huge change, but it is a little easier for me to look at now. Hopefully, it will inspire me to write more too.

I also have been brainstorming and trying to figure out what role I want XOXO to play in building my business. After a lot of thought, too much probably, I decided I want this blog to really give my clients and followers a look into my world. When my husband and I moved to Minneapolis 5 years ago, I started a blog You Betcha! to share our adventures with our families and friends that are all over the country. It was a great way for us to keep in touch and for everyone to read and see what we were up to at the time.

I want to stay true to the idea of "You Betcha!" because after all we recently moved and are exploring yet another region of our country. We do like to travel and try new things, which ultimately, inspires my work and is something that I want to share. 

In addition, I have also reached out to my amazingly creative and talented friends. Some of them have taken their creative skills and talents to create a business and some find the time to fit it in while still working full time. I want to share their stories and experiences too because they also have played an inspirational role in my life.

Over the weeks, months and hopefully years, I will introduce you to creative people, things that I love, etiquette, news about Dorothy Jane, thoughts and ideas, inspiration, and our travel and experiences. I can't promise anything but I do like to be crafty when I find the time and hope to share with you how I express myself creatively outside of paper goods.

Things are certainly falling into place here at Dorothy Jane and I am on track to complete my first year goals. Thank you again to all of your support, love and of course business!







No comments:

Post a Comment