June 7, 2013


pack your bags
GEORGIA ON MY MIND
by Emily Jane



A couple of weeks ago, I headed south to Savannah, Georgia with a friend for a little girl's getaway weekend. It was a great escape from the day in and day out details of getting a business running. The trip was a lot of fun and very relaxing, despite everything we did and saw in 3 days.

Savannah is a beautiful city with so much character. Magnolia trees lined the streets and Spanish Moss hung from the trees. Every block had a small park with a statue or fountain, which provided a pleasant spot to watch life and enjoy a treat. The food was amazing and I could have stayed in the boutique shops for days. I always look for inspiration wherever I go and I know the architectural details will somehow find a way into my design.

Forsyth Park Fountain

Bonaventure Cemetery


Savannah Historic District

The Marshall House

Tybee Island Lighthouse


1 comment:

  1. Yes, such a beautiful little town! I can definitely see why SCAD has such a great reputation with all that natural and architectural beauty around as inspiration.

    ReplyDelete